If your Whirlpool oven isn’t heating up, it can be a real pain. You might not be able to cook your food the way you want, and you could end up wasting time and money. But fear not! We’ll show you the most common reasons why your Whirlpool oven won’t heat up. We will also provide some tips on how to fix the issue. Let’s get started!
Troubleshooting When Your Whirlpool Oven Won’t Heat Up
There are many reasons for this problem, but let’s get into the five that are the most common!
1. Oven Not Getting Enough Power
One possible reason why your Whirlpool oven won’t heat up is that it’s not getting enough power. This could be due to a problem with the electrical outlet, the circuit breaker, or the oven itself. If you think this might be the problem, check to make sure that the oven is securely plugged in and that the circuit breaker hasn’t been tripped.
2. Oven Thermostat Requires Calibration
If your oven isn’t heating up to the right temperature, it could be because the oven thermostat needs calibration. This is a relatively easy problem to fix, and you can usually do it yourself. Simply follow the instructions in your oven’s use and care manual. If you’re still having trouble, you can always call AlphaTek Appliance Repair for assistance!
3. Broken or Damaged Bake Element
If your Whirlpool oven isn’t heating up at all, it could be because the bake element is broken or damaged. Start by visually inspecting the heating element for physical damage. If everything looks normal, the element will need to be tested with a multimeter.
This is a more serious problem that will require professional help. Call a qualified technician to come and take a look at your oven. They should be able to replace the bake element if necessary.
4. Whirlpool Oven Igniter Failure
Another possible reason your Whirlpool oven won’t heat up is igniter failure. The igniter is what lights the gas in the oven, so if it’s not working properly, the oven won’t heat up evenly. This is a fairly common problem, and it can usually be fixed by replacing the igniter. However, if you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, you can always call a technician.
5. Convection Fan Not Working
If your Whirlpool oven has a convection fan, it helps to circulate the hot air and ensures that your food cooks evenly. If the fan isn’t working properly, it could cause your oven to not heat up correctly. If your Whirlpool oven model uses convection cooking, we recommend having the fan diagnosed and replaced (if necessary) by a professional.
Whirlpool Oven Maintenance Tips
Now that we’ve gone over some of the most common reasons why your Whirlpool oven won’t heat up, let’s talk about some maintenance tips to keep your oven working well.
- Make sure to clean your oven regularly. This will help prevent any build-up of grease or food that could cause problems.
- Be careful not to overload your oven. This can cause problems with the heating elements and could lead to a fire.
- Make sure no obstructions are blocking the airflow to your oven. This includes things like curtains or cabinets.
- Don’t line the bottom of your oven with tin foil.
Is Your Whirlpool Oven Getting Too Hot?
Along with your oven not getting hot enough, sometimes your Whirlpool oven can get too hot. If you have your settings right and you’re still burning food, there are a couple of likely causes:
- The thermostat is set too high. This is an easy problem to fix, and you can usually do it yourself. Simply follow the instructions in your oven’s manual.
- Another reason is that the bake element is damaged or broken. This is a more serious problem that will require professional help. Call a qualified technician to come and take a look at your oven.
Hopefully, these tips have helped fixed whatever caused your Whirlpool oven not to heat up. If you’re still having trouble with your oven, there’s an oven repair service team just a quick call away at AlphaTek!