Do you ever feel like you’re battling a losing battle against clutter and mess in your refrigerator? Are food items going bad before you have a chance to eat them? Let’s work on cleaning your fridge and keeping it organized with some tips and tricks that will help make this chore a little bit easier. Follow these tips on how to clean your fridge, and it will be sparkling and organized in no time!
How To Clean Your Fridge Like a Pro
Ready to get your fridge clean and organized? Here’s how to clean your fridge in just a few easy steps.
Cleaning Your Fridge
First, take everything out of your fridge. Yep, that’s right – everything. Don’t forget about those items in the back that you never use.
Next, give your fridge a good cleaning:
- Take out the shelves and drawers and wash them with soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse everything clean and then dry thoroughly.
- Wash the interior and walls with warm, soapy water. Be sure to get in all the nooks and crannies. Rinse everything and dry.
- Wipe down the door gasket with a damp cloth. This is the rubber seal that helps keep your fridge cold – it’s important to keep it clean so that it can do its job properly!
- Now it’s time to put everything back in your fridge. But wait! This is the perfect opportunity to get rid of those expired items and declutter your space. Toss out anything that’s past its prime or that you know you’ll never use.
Organizing Your Fridge
Now that you’re ready to put the items back in your refrigerator, let’s organize your fridge using these tips.
- Organize your food items by grouping them. Put all the condiments in one spot, for example, or keep all the fruit in one drawer. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for and help you avoid letting food go bad.
- Another helpful step to organizing your fridge is to use clear containers. This way you can easily see what’s inside and know when you need to restock, or when something has gone bad.
- One of our favorite out-of-the-box fridge organization tips is to keep a lazy Susan in your fridge. This can be helpful for storing things like condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Finally, take a look at your fridge door. This is typically where we store items that we use on a daily basis, so it’s important to keep this area tidy. Wipe down the door and handle, and then put everything back in its place with the smaller items in front, and the bigger items in back. Try to store your most used items in the door, so you can access them the quickest.
Now that your fridge is clean and organized, make a commitment to keeping it that way! A little bit of regular maintenance will go a long way. Wipe down the shelves and doors every week, and don’t let clutter build up. With these tips, you’ll be able to keep your fridge clean and organized for good!
And there you have it, now you know how to clean your fridge and organize it. With a little bit of effort, you can keep your kitchen space tidy and your food fresh. For more tips check out our blogs on refrigerator ice makers not working and a refrigerator leaking and if you need a refrigerator repair you know we’re only one call away!